Posted on June 22, 2012
First posted 15th August 2009
Possibly Melbourne’s oldest timber house. “Pope’s house” (named after a previous owner William Pope) is found at 43 Aitken Street in Williamstown. It is today, very close to being sold. The house which possibly dates back to as early as 1842 is to be dismantled. Apparently a condition of the development is that all parts of the house are stored by the current/new owners. More information about the site can be found at the Heritage Victoria site here. (House now demolished).